2008/11/05

Allowing the mind to Rest

Do you know that dormitory or sleepover thing - where we are all not being able to get to rest and let sleep come?

"Ok - no more talking"
"OK - from now on"
"Thats it then"
"Shhs!"
"Quiet"
"You spoke!"
"Only cos you did first"
"I thought we decided to go to sleep now!"
"Oo bossy!"
"takes one to know one"
"clever clogs!"
(pillow flies across room)


That sort of dynamic reminds of the mind that wont settle.
I have felt it like a feather that almost lands but a sudden updraft spirals it again.
Something in the mind that just wont let go of one more thing...

It is not easy to play repartee alone - so the more who rest regardless of apparent stimuli - the louder and clearer is the invitation to rest.

The world does not look like it will cease to be a stimuli for reaction anytime soon - so that suggests nipping reaction in the bud and depriving it the first blow. This is easier than turning the other cheek - which can be a profound demonstration of defenceless acceptance without judgement.

The first blow must - to be a blow - find a target.
Yet that can not be the truth of what I am.
So if I feel upset or interrupted of my peace,
I must be wanting something that deprives me of resting in the Truth.
In seeing that what I do want is to rest in truth I also see that I am not under threat - and nor have I an investment that needs to be defended.

What of the apparent behaviours?
They cease to be seen from a me position and can be addressed - if they need any overt response - in whatever way fits the capacity for communication in that moment.

What of 'irksome people'?
They never left the mind that created them! - but become a source of gratitude to Holy Spirit for raising awareness to regain its remembrance as awareness.

Do I get annoyed?
Well I sure have and still can - but it has become so clear to me that this is a perpetuation of pain and futility made dense - when I know I love joy and freedom are Who I Really Am - that I don't allow it anymore.

The Who I Really Am is enough of what I identify - that I do not find the resources to engage and maintain and fight - for anything.

Yet amidst such incapacity for conflicted being - a moment of sharing truth can occur that draws Whole and Present engagement and response. So I am All here - but conflict - as something I can believe - is increasingly Not Here.

In its place is a game the mind plays.
I guess if it was juicy for me I would still 'go for it!'
But without that carrot is the present expanding and casting off its fetters.

And the desires that arise in and of this presence carry all the power and strength for their fulfilment within themselves and have not enemy or obstacle in truth - as the step is taken.

brian in a moment